- Do you understand the concepts of treat-2-target and NEDA?Has anyone discussed a treatment target with you, including the need to rebaseline your disease activity? Have the concepts of preventing end-organ damage to the central nervous system (the ‘end-organ’ in MS) and brain volume loss or atrophy been broached?
- How immunosuppressed are you?Do you understand the difference between short-term intermittent and long-term continuous immunosuppression? Here we address another of the key questions to consider before deciding on a specific disease-modifying therapy (DMT).
- How do I want my MS to be treated?What is the difference between a maintenance ̶ escalation DMT and an immune reconstitution therapy (IRT)? Why is it important to understand the distinction?
- Am I eligible for an MS disease-modifying therapy?Do you know the eligibility criteria for MS disease-modifying therapies? And who decides what drugs can be prescribed for your MS?
- What are the consequences of not treating MS?Are there valid reasons not to treat MS with a disease-modifying therapy? What are the consequences of not treating MS? Is watchful waiting justified?
The links below take you out of the MS-Selfie website to Prof G’s MS-Selfie newsletter and research archive. Edited posts, consistent with the other site content, will replace them as the website develops.